MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested for allegedly swearing at a group of children and threatening people inside a laundromat Sunday afternoon, police said.
Officers responded to the 4600 block of Verona Road for reports of a man causing a disturbance, according to a release.
A woman told police she was confronted by Joseph L. Kearney, 52, when she was holding the door open for a group of small children around 12:20 p.m., officials said. Kearney allegedly swore at the group of children and started using disparaging racial remarks.
About 15 people were using the laundromat when Kearney started to punch a wall, and then held a shoe above his head in a threatening manner, according to the release.
Police said this was at least the third recent incident reported involving Kearney acting the same way.
Kearney was arrested on a tentative disorderly conduct charge.Madison crime map
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire