MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested for allegedly swearing at a group of children and threatening people inside a laundromat Sunday afternoon, police said.
Officers responded to the 4600 block of Verona Road for reports of a man causing a disturbance, according to a release.
A woman told police she was confronted by Joseph L. Kearney, 52, when she was holding the door open for a group of small children around 12:20 p.m., officials said. Kearney allegedly swore at the group of children and started using disparaging racial remarks.
About 15 people were using the laundromat when Kearney started to punch a wall, and then held a shoe above his head in a threatening manner, according to the release.
Police said this was at least the third recent incident reported involving Kearney acting the same way.
Kearney was arrested on a tentative disorderly conduct charge.Madison crime map
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff
- Twin lion cubs born at Dane County zoo to debut next month
- Evelyn A. Price
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day