SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Sun Prairie police are asking for the public's help in identifying two people who stole a wallet and then used the credit cards Aug. 14.
The woman allegedly distracted a shopper at Woodman's around 11:30 a.m., which allowed the man to take the shoppers wallet from her shopping cart, according to a release.
Police said the two suspects the used the credit cards from the wallet at Target and Kohl's stores in the Sun Prairie, Madison and Janesville areas to purchase gift cards and electronics.
According to a release, they were last seen leaving the store in a Toyota Corolla with a temporary Illinois license plate.
Police said the two people have also allegedly committed fraud in Madison and Janesville.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday