SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Sun Prairie police are asking for the public's help in identifying two people who stole a wallet and then used the credit cards Aug. 14.
The woman allegedly distracted a shopper at Woodman's around 11:30 a.m., which allowed the man to take the shoppers wallet from her shopping cart, according to a release.
Police said the two suspects the used the credit cards from the wallet at Target and Kohl's stores in the Sun Prairie, Madison and Janesville areas to purchase gift cards and electronics.
According to a release, they were last seen leaving the store in a Toyota Corolla with a temporary Illinois license plate.
Police said the two people have also allegedly committed fraud in Madison and Janesville.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors