MILTON, Wis. - Police determined a man who was dropped off at a Madison hospital was shot outside a bar near Milton, according to a release.
The 28-year-old Madison man was dropped off at Meriter Hospital around 3:30 Sunday morning with a gunshot wound to his lower leg, officials said. The man told hospital officials he suffered the injury somewhere near Milton.
Rock County investigators interviewed the man and determined he was shot when he was leaving the Countryside Inn at 1801 East Highway 59 around 2:10 a.m., according to the release. The man was treated and released from the hospital.
Police executed a search warrant at the Countryside Inn around 10 a.m. Sunday, officials said.
The investigation into the shooting is still ongoing.
Officials ask anyone with information to contact the Janesville Area Crime Stoppers at 608-756-3636, the Beloit Area Crime Stoppers at 608-362-7463 or the Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike