MILTON, Wis. - Police determined a man who was dropped off at a Madison hospital was shot outside a bar near Milton, according to a release.
The 28-year-old Madison man was dropped off at Meriter Hospital around 3:30 Sunday morning with a gunshot wound to his lower leg, officials said. The man told hospital officials he suffered the injury somewhere near Milton.
Rock County investigators interviewed the man and determined he was shot when he was leaving the Countryside Inn at 1801 East Highway 59 around 2:10 a.m., according to the release. The man was treated and released from the hospital.
Police executed a search warrant at the Countryside Inn around 10 a.m. Sunday, officials said.
The investigation into the shooting is still ongoing.
Officials ask anyone with information to contact the Janesville Area Crime Stoppers at 608-756-3636, the Beloit Area Crime Stoppers at 608-362-7463 or the Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000