MADISON, Wis. - A man had to go to the hospital after he accidentally shot himself, according to Madison police.
Officers responded to 5100 Whitcomb Drive around 2:17 p.m. Sunday.
Police said the 59-year-old Madison resident shot himself when he was manipulating the handgun.
He is being treated at an area hospital for his injury.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need