MADISON, Wis. - A man had to go to the hospital after he accidentally shot himself, according to Madison police.
Officers responded to 5100 Whitcomb Drive around 2:17 p.m. Sunday.
Police said the 59-year-old Madison resident shot himself when he was manipulating the handgun.
He is being treated at an area hospital for his injury.
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 closed near Blue Mounds due to semi vs. car crash
- Police, medical examiner respond to suspicious death
- Construction continues on Capitol Square; new traffic pattern starts May 1
- Enbridge says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline