MADISON, Wis. - Police have arrested a man who allegedly threatened the Wisconsin state Capitol on his Facebook page and then told officers he had a molotov cocktail in his backpack after entering the building.
The arrest occurred Tuesday afternoon, just hours before Gov. Scott Walker was scheduled to deliver his State of the State speech to lawmakers at the Capitol.
Police closed one entrance and evacuated a portion of the building as they investigated the contents of the Kvon R. Smith's backpack outside.
The governor's administration released a statement saying Smith is in custody and charges are pending.
The release said Capitol police received information about the Facebook threat and then identified the suspect after he entered the building.18142268
No injuries were reported.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes