MADISON, Wis. - Police have arrested a man who allegedly threatened the Wisconsin state Capitol on his Facebook page and then told officers he had a molotov cocktail in his backpack after entering the building.
The arrest occurred Tuesday afternoon, just hours before Gov. Scott Walker was scheduled to deliver his State of the State speech to lawmakers at the Capitol.
Police closed one entrance and evacuated a portion of the building as they investigated the contents of the Kvon R. Smith's backpack outside.
The governor's administration released a statement saying Smith is in custody and charges are pending.
The release said Capitol police received information about the Facebook threat and then identified the suspect after he entered the building.18142268
No injuries were reported.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash