MADISON, Wis. - A man robbed an east side gas station early Wednesday morning after he implied he had a weapon inside his sweatshirt, according to Madison police.
The incident happened at the Kelly's Market in the 2600 block of Shopko Drive around 1:20 a.m. Wednesday.
According to police, a man walked into the business first to ask for a package of "Swisher Sweet" cigars. The man left after he was told they didn't have any in stock.
Police said when the man came back, he walked calmly to the register with both hands inside his sweatshirt pockets, implied he had a weapon and asked for cash from the clerk. He took off on foot, and police said a K-9 brought in to track down the suspect was unsuccessful.
Police describe the man as white, five feet eight inches tall, approximately 30 years old, with a thin, medium build. He was last seen wearing a black "Carhartt" style zipped sweatshirt, blue jeans, and tan skater style shoes with white soles.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Madison police.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral