MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said two men robbed a 62-year-old man in his apartment on the city's far west side early Monday morning.
The victim said two men kicked in the door of his apartment in the 2300 block Carling Drive at about 2:30 a.m., according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
He said he was knocked to the floor, punched and kicked, according to police.
Police said the robbers demanded to know where the money was kept and fled with cash and a MoneyGram.
The victim reported the crime several hours after it happened, according to the incident report.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes