MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was injured after being pushed down some steps during a disagreement over $2 being owed Friday afternoon, officials said.
Madison police were called to the 2100 block of Allied Drive for reports of a man who fell down a flight of stairs around 3:25 p.m., according to a release.
When police got to the scene, the 52-year-old man claimed he was pushed down the stairs. The man told police he was worried about his ability to walk because of numbness and limited mobility in his legs after the fall.
An investigation indicated that Larry J. Mellum, 53, of Madison, had confronted the man about owing him $2, police said. When the man tried to negotiate the payment, Mellum pushed the man down the stairs.
According to the release, Mellum also pulled out a knife at one point during the argument.
Mellum was arrested Tuesday on charges of robbery and second-degree reckless endangerment.Madison crime map
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry