MADISON, Wis. - A Columbus man lost his pants and some money after inviting strangers into his hotel room for a drink, police say.
The man, 26, told police he was staying at a hotel on Hayes Road on Saturday.
The man and his friend invited two strangers into their room for a drink, officials say. One of the strangers pulled out a knife and announced that they were robbing the victims.
The man's friend, 24, was punched and had a small amount of cash taken, officials say.
The robbers left on foot and were not found. The police dog did lead officers to the man's discarded trousers at the corner of Anniversary and Victoria lanes without the money.
Detectives believe this was not a random crime.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed