MADISON, Wis. - A Columbus man lost his pants and some money after inviting strangers into his hotel room for a drink, police say.
The man, 26, told police he was staying at a hotel on Hayes Road on Saturday.
The man and his friend invited two strangers into their room for a drink, officials say. One of the strangers pulled out a knife and announced that they were robbing the victims.
The man's friend, 24, was punched and had a small amount of cash taken, officials say.
The robbers left on foot and were not found. The police dog did lead officers to the man's discarded trousers at the corner of Anniversary and Victoria lanes without the money.
Detectives believe this was not a random crime.
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'