MONROE, Wis. - A man from Rockford, Ill., was arrested Thursday after leading police on a vehicle chase, followed by a foot chase, according to Monroe police.
Police said the chase started when an officer attempted to stop a suspicious vehicle in the 1300 block of 16th Street.
The officer said the driver was speeding, ran stop signs and red traffic lights and drove the wrong way down a one-way street before abandoning his vehicle in the 800 block of 16th Avenue.
The man was apprehended in the 600 block of 16th Avenue after a foot chase.
Kareem A. Stewart, 31, was arrested on suspicion of knowingly fleeing an officer.
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized