MONROE, Wis. - A man from Rockford, Ill., was arrested Thursday after leading police on a vehicle chase, followed by a foot chase, according to Monroe police.
Police said the chase started when an officer attempted to stop a suspicious vehicle in the 1300 block of 16th Street.
The officer said the driver was speeding, ran stop signs and red traffic lights and drove the wrong way down a one-way street before abandoning his vehicle in the 800 block of 16th Avenue.
The man was apprehended in the 600 block of 16th Avenue after a foot chase.
Kareem A. Stewart, 31, was arrested on suspicion of knowingly fleeing an officer.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI