MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man avoided injury after jumping head-first from a second-floor window before fleeing police, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers said they were investigating a possible disturbance at an apartment in the 2200 block of Luann Lane Sunday morning when officers noticed a man peering out a second-floor window of the apartment. The man, William C. Williams, 26, jumped from the window head-first and landed in some shrubbery, police said.
When the man tried to run across Luann Lane he ran in front of a Fitchburg Police Department squad car. Police said Williams grabbed the push bar on the front of the squad car, jumped on top of it and rolled across the hood.
Williams was caught shortly after by a Fitchburg officer.
Williams was taken to a hospital as a precaution and had no serious injuries.
He told police he fled because of outstanding warrants for battery, disorderly conduct and a probation violation. He was arrested on suspicion of obstructing an officer.Madison crime map
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire