MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man allegedly involved in a disturbance at an apartment in the 6700 block of Schroeder Road was arrested Dec. 18, officials said.
Officers responded to reports of a person with a knife and could hear sounds of loud shouting inside the residence, according to a release.
Police determined that Ernest Curry, 51, was upset when he discovered that someone in the residence had eaten food he had purchased, and he had no means of getting more food. He got involved in a verbal argument with one resident, and grabbed a folding knife.
According to the release, a female resident got a can of mace to stop the argument.
Curry taunted the female to spray him with the mace as he held the knife before police arrived, officials said.
Once police arrived, Curry yelled profanities at officers but was taken into custody at gunpoint. He was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct while armed.Madison crime map
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'