MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man allegedly involved in a disturbance at an apartment in the 6700 block of Schroeder Road was arrested Dec. 18, officials said.
Officers responded to reports of a person with a knife and could hear sounds of loud shouting inside the residence, according to a release.
Police determined that Ernest Curry, 51, was upset when he discovered that someone in the residence had eaten food he had purchased, and he had no means of getting more food. He got involved in a verbal argument with one resident, and grabbed a folding knife.
According to the release, a female resident got a can of mace to stop the argument.
Curry taunted the female to spray him with the mace as he held the knife before police arrived, officials said.
Once police arrived, Curry yelled profanities at officers but was taken into custody at gunpoint. He was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct while armed.Madison crime map
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race