MADISON, Wis. - A man was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated after getting into a crash on John Nolen Drive Saturday afternoon, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers said a 39-year-old Madison man was driving south on John Nolen Drive when he was struck by a vehicle driven by 43-year-old Shane D. Hommen. Police said Hommen was northbound on John Nolen and struck the vehicle as he was turning west onto East Lakeside Drive.
Hommen was slumped over the wheel when police arrived, according to the report. An officer said Hommen acknowledged he'd had a couple drinks.
Neither man was seriously hurt.Madison crime map
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK