JANESVILLE, Wis. - A drug investigation in Janesville led to a traffic stop and two arrests on Sunday, according to a release from Janesville police.
Raymond Davis, 21, of Janesville, was suspected by the Janesville Police Department Street Crimes Unit of distributing narcotics in and around Janesville. Police said Davis was located at a motel Sunday and seen driving away.
When officers stopped the vehicle for equipment and driving violations in the 1600 block of Morningside Drive, Davis got out and ran, according to police. He was caught in the 1400 block of Morningside Drive.
A K-9 was brought to the scene to investigate Davis' vehicle and indicated there might be drugs inside, according to police. Officers said they found 174 grams of prepackaged marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
The arrest led police to carry out a search warrant at a motel room where they found 13 grams of marijuana and prescription medications. Joseph Ecker, 24, of Wellesley, Massachusetts, was arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession and unlawful possession of prescription medications.
Davis was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to deliver marijuana, delivery of marijuana possession of drug paraphernalia and maintaining a drug vehicle.
- Janesville family displaced after house fire
- Shooting on Madison's east side leave four injured, Koval concerned
- Wholesome Wave grant helps Madison residents access healthy food
- Firefighters investigating cause of McFarland fire
- Milwaukee police seek driver after fatal hit-and-run
- 2 confirmed dead after house fire in northeast Wisconsin