MADISON, Wis. - Police are searching for a man accused of burglary after a woman woke up to a stranger in her bed early Sunday morning.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, a man entered the Statesider, a downtown apartment on Frances Street, early Sunday morning and told building management he was there to visit a friend. The statement said the man instead entered several unlocked rooms in the apartment, entering the bed of a sleeping 19-year-old woman, who told him to leave. She was not harmed during the incident.
The statement said the man inappropriately touched another woman in the elevator and made lewd comments to several others. One woman found money had been taken from her wallet.
Police have not identified the man, who the statement describes as black, 6 feet tall, with a beard and a slim build.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees