MADISON, Wis. - Police are searching for a man accused of burglary after a woman woke up to a stranger in her bed early Sunday morning.
According to a Madison Police Department statement, a man entered the Statesider, a downtown apartment on Frances Street, early Sunday morning and told building management he was there to visit a friend. The statement said the man instead entered several unlocked rooms in the apartment, entering the bed of a sleeping 19-year-old woman, who told him to leave. She was not harmed during the incident.
The statement said the man inappropriately touched another woman in the elevator and made lewd comments to several others. One woman found money had been taken from her wallet.
Police have not identified the man, who the statement describes as black, 6 feet tall, with a beard and a slim build.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother