TOWN OF FORT WINNEBAGO, Wis. - A Columbia County man was killed Tuesday after being electrocuted while working on his property, according to a release from the Columbia County Sheriff's Department.
Officials said William McKibben, 40, of the town of Fort Winnebago, was operating heavy equipment on his property on County Highway EE northeast of Portage when the boom hit a power line above the driveway.
Police believe McKibben was fatally electrocuted when he exited the machine's cab, the release said. First responders found McKibben dead upon arrival.
Police are still investigating the incident.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program