TOWN OF FORT WINNEBAGO, Wis. - A Columbia County man was killed Tuesday after being electrocuted while working on his property, according to a release from the Columbia County Sheriff's Department.
Officials said William McKibben, 40, of the town of Fort Winnebago, was operating heavy equipment on his property on County Highway EE northeast of Portage when the boom hit a power line above the driveway.
Police believe McKibben was fatally electrocuted when he exited the machine's cab, the release said. First responders found McKibben dead upon arrival.
Police are still investigating the incident.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement