MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they arrested a man on a charge of fifth offense operating a vehicle while intoxicated Saturday evening.
Madison police officers were conducting a traffic stop about 5:30 p.m. at Hoard Street and North Oak Street. Preston D. Boggs, 26, of Madison, drove by in a truck with a flat tire and heavy front-end damage, which appeared to be fresh, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Officers signaled for him to stop, but Boggs waved back and continued driving, police said.
Boggs was stopped a short distance away and subsequently arrested on a charge of fifth offense OWI, according to the report.
The Police Department said officers located a parked car with heavy damage in the 300 block of Pawling Street, which is believed to have been struck by Boggs' truck.
Police said Boggs suffered minor injuries in the crash but refused treatment. He was booked into the Dane County Jail and is also facing other traffic charges.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns