MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old Madison man was arrested Thursday as part of an investigation into a robbery in a mall parking lot, according to police.
A witness told police a man was trying to choke a 19-year-old woman in a parking lot at West Towne Mall on the afternoon of Oct. 18. Police said Capriest Franklin stole the woman's purse and fled before officers arrived.
Police said they determined that Franklin and the victim knew each other, and the struggle was over Franklin demanding money from the victim.
Franklin was arrested on suspicion of robbery, disorderly conduct and on a probation violation.Madison crime map
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall