MADISON, Wis. - An 18-year-old Madison man was arrested Thursday as part of an investigation into a robbery in a mall parking lot, according to police.
A witness told police a man was trying to choke a 19-year-old woman in a parking lot at West Towne Mall on the afternoon of Oct. 18. Police said Capriest Franklin stole the woman's purse and fled before officers arrived.
Police said they determined that Franklin and the victim knew each other, and the struggle was over Franklin demanding money from the victim.
Franklin was arrested on suspicion of robbery, disorderly conduct and on a probation violation.Madison crime map
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire