MADISON, Wis. - A Waunakee man struggled with staff, patrons and police during a disturbance at a downtown bar, according to Madison police.
Police were called to the Red Rock Saloon at 322 West Johnson St. at 10:38 p.m. on April 12 for a report of a disturbance.
Witnesses told police Justin L. Smith, 27, became combative with staff when he was found urinating in an outdoor patio. They said as he was escorted out of the bar, he pulled at patrons and pushed a staff member.
Bouncers said they tried to control Smith on the ground until officers arrived.
Police said Smith kicked at officers and grabbed at their equipment as they attempted to get him off the ground. They said he argued with officers and refused to sit in the squad car.
Smith was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant