JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man who gave a 17-year-old girl a ride and asked her to participate in a sex act and prostitution was arrested Tuesday morning, according to a release.
Officers responded to reports of a child enticement case around 10:30 a.m. in the area of Randall and Ruger avenues, police said. The 17-year-old was walking in the area when she was approached by 60-year-old Harold D. Ware, who was driving his black Dodge Ram truck.
Ware asked the girl if she wanted a ride, and she accepted, according to the release. While in the truck Ware asked the girl if she wanted to participate in a sex act and prostitution, which she declined.
Ware then dropped her off unharmed near the intersection of Mt. Zion Avenue and Martin Road, officials said.
Police were able to find Ware and arrest him on tentative child enticement and child trafficking charges.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls