JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man who gave a 17-year-old girl a ride and asked her to participate in a sex act and prostitution was arrested Tuesday morning, according to a release.
Officers responded to reports of a child enticement case around 10:30 a.m. in the area of Randall and Ruger avenues, police said. The 17-year-old was walking in the area when she was approached by 60-year-old Harold D. Ware, who was driving his black Dodge Ram truck.
Ware asked the girl if she wanted a ride, and she accepted, according to the release. While in the truck Ware asked the girl if she wanted to participate in a sex act and prostitution, which she declined.
Ware then dropped her off unharmed near the intersection of Mt. Zion Avenue and Martin Road, officials said.
Police were able to find Ware and arrest him on tentative child enticement and child trafficking charges.
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'