PLATTEVILLE, Wis. - The Grant County Sheriff's Office received a report of a stolen vehicle in the Village of Dickeyville early March 20, according to a report.
The victim had parked their vehicle in front of a business in Dickeyville and when they came out it was gone.
A Grant County Deputy was on patrol in the City of Platteville, when he observed, Timmy L. Johnson, 25, coming out of a residence with an elderly gentleman. The deputy made contact with Johnson and detained him as part of the investigation.
Police located the stolen vehicle on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus,according to a release.
Based on evidence at the scene, Johnson was arrested in connection with the theft of the vehicle
While being transported to the Grant County Jail, Johnson attempted to bribe the deputy into letting him go, including offering him a large amount of money.
Johnson is currently being held in the Grant County Jail on a $10,000 cash bond.
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands