PLATTEVILLE, Wis. - The Grant County Sheriff's Office received a report of a stolen vehicle in the Village of Dickeyville early March 20, according to a report.
The victim had parked their vehicle in front of a business in Dickeyville and when they came out it was gone.
A Grant County Deputy was on patrol in the City of Platteville, when he observed, Timmy L. Johnson, 25, coming out of a residence with an elderly gentleman. The deputy made contact with Johnson and detained him as part of the investigation.
Police located the stolen vehicle on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus,according to a release.
Based on evidence at the scene, Johnson was arrested in connection with the theft of the vehicle
While being transported to the Grant County Jail, Johnson attempted to bribe the deputy into letting him go, including offering him a large amount of money.
Johnson is currently being held in the Grant County Jail on a $10,000 cash bond.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1