MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested for punching a Metro bus driver Saturday night around 8:15, according to a release.
Tommy L. Crawford, 53, got on a Metro bus on State Street when he started to create a disturbance, officials said. The bus driver stopped near Metro headquarters at 1101 E. Washington Ave. to ask another Metro employee to assist in asking Crawford to leave the bus.
Crawford punched the employee in the face and fled the scene, according to the release.
Police said they located Crawford at the North Transfer Point. When police told Crawford he was being arrested, he intentionally kneed the officer.
Crawford was eventually taken in custody on charges of substantial battery, battery to a police officer and disorderly conduct, according to the release.
The Metro employee sustained a fractured nose and was taken to local hospital, officials said. One officer sustained a minor injury.Madison crime map
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns