MADISON, Wis. - Police said a homeless woman was robbed Thursday morning outside of Bethel Lutheran Church at 312 Wisconsin Ave.
The Madison Police Department said a 30-year-old woman was on her way to get some breakfast at the church when a man grabbed her purse, removed the money and then fled.
Responding police officers were able to look at church surveillance footage and locate the suspect at the Madison Public Library, 201 W. Mifflin St. Thursday afternoon, and identified him as Terrance L. Thomas, age 37.
The suspect had just arrived in Madison from Milwaukee, where he is wanted on a probation violation warrant.
Court records show he has a number of past criminal convictions in Milwaukee county, including burglary and armed robbery.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head