MADISON, Wis. - Police said a homeless woman was robbed Thursday morning outside of Bethel Lutheran Church at 312 Wisconsin Ave.
The Madison Police Department said a 30-year-old woman was on her way to get some breakfast at the church when a man grabbed her purse, removed the money and then fled.
Responding police officers were able to look at church surveillance footage and locate the suspect at the Madison Public Library, 201 W. Mifflin St. Thursday afternoon, and identified him as Terrance L. Thomas, age 37.
The suspect had just arrived in Madison from Milwaukee, where he is wanted on a probation violation warrant.
Court records show he has a number of past criminal convictions in Milwaukee county, including burglary and armed robbery.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend