MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested Saturday after breaking into multiple apartments, according to a release.
Officials said Yimer Obando-Espinal, 31, was arrested around 11:25 p.m. Saturday in the hallway of the third building of an apartment complex in the 1100 block of Moorland Road.
Obando-Espinal kicked in the apartment door of a 36-year-old woman but apologized and left, according to the release.
Officials said several other residents believed their apartments had been broken into but reported nothing was missing.
Officers noticed all of the targeted apartments were in different buildings but were similarly situated in the buildings, according to the release. The buildings of the apartment complex also looked the same.
A witness reported hearing Obando-Espinal yelling something about being hungry and wanting to go to sleep.
Obando-Espinal was arrested on charges of criminal damage to property – 2 counts, criminal trespassing, disorderly conduct, and on a warrant.Madison crime map
- UW study using video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested