MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested Saturday after breaking into multiple apartments, according to a release.
Officials said Yimer Obando-Espinal, 31, was arrested around 11:25 p.m. Saturday in the hallway of the third building of an apartment complex in the 1100 block of Moorland Road.
Obando-Espinal kicked in the apartment door of a 36-year-old woman but apologized and left, according to the release.
Officials said several other residents believed their apartments had been broken into but reported nothing was missing.
Officers noticed all of the targeted apartments were in different buildings but were similarly situated in the buildings, according to the release. The buildings of the apartment complex also looked the same.
A witness reported hearing Obando-Espinal yelling something about being hungry and wanting to go to sleep.
Obando-Espinal was arrested on charges of criminal damage to property – 2 counts, criminal trespassing, disorderly conduct, and on a warrant.Madison crime map
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say