MADISON, Wis. - A 34-year-old man was taken to a hospital after jumping out of a moving car early Tuesday morning because he couldn't stand bickering with his girlfriend any longer.
Police said the man had taken his girlfriend out for her birthday Monday night, but as they drove home in the back of a friend's car, he said he had it with bickering with his girlfriend.
The couple evidently spent much of the birthday night in a dispute over a possible move to another state, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said the man couldn't stand it any longer and wanted to get out immediately, so instead of waiting for the car to stop, he opened a rear passenger door and stepped out, or fell out, onto busy East Washington Avenue about 1 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim hit his head while tumbling from the moving vehicle in the 3200 block of East Washington Avenue and was taken to a hospital with a brain bleed. An officer's report also indicated he was intoxicated, according to the Madison Police Department.
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call