MADISON, Wis. - A 34-year-old man was taken to a hospital after jumping out of a moving car early Tuesday morning because he couldn't stand bickering with his girlfriend any longer.
Police said the man had taken his girlfriend out for her birthday Monday night, but as they drove home in the back of a friend's car, he said he had it with bickering with his girlfriend.
The couple evidently spent much of the birthday night in a dispute over a possible move to another state, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said the man couldn't stand it any longer and wanted to get out immediately, so instead of waiting for the car to stop, he opened a rear passenger door and stepped out, or fell out, onto busy East Washington Avenue about 1 a.m. Tuesday.
The victim hit his head while tumbling from the moving vehicle in the 3200 block of East Washington Avenue and was taken to a hospital with a brain bleed. An officer's report also indicated he was intoxicated, according to the Madison Police Department.
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam