MADISON, Wis. - Police arrested a Madison man shortly before 8 a.m. April 12, at East Towne Mall, according the Madison Police Department.
Ronald E. Redeaux Jr., 24, was charged with disorderly conduct, trespassing and possession of narcotics.
Redeaux was found in restricted areas and corridors of the mall. The report alleges a police officer responded to a security officer, after the guard called for assistance in stopping the suspect. The security officer stated that she politely approached Redeaux to inform him that he was in restricted areas. Redeaux told the guard to "get out of his face" and began to use expletives, according to the report.
The guard told Redeaux to leave the mall immediately. Redeaux became more aggressive and started to make comments about the security guard's older age. She is 69. Many people were at the mall for early morning exercise. Concerned walkers came to the security officer's aid to protect her from Redeaux, according to the report.
Police said officers took Redeaux into custody and found narcotics in his possession.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash