MADISON, Wis. - A security officer at a Hilldale Mall store was punched three times in the groin by a woman he was trying to detain for shoplifting Friday, according to Madison police.
The Macy's security officer told police he contacted the suspect near a sandwich shop at the mall when she grabbed chairs, a table and a rack for chips while swearing and yelling at the Macy's officer.
Carrie J. Evert, 28, of Madison was arrested on suspicion of theft and possession of cocaine. Police said she stole three purses.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says