MADISON, Wis. - An officer who spotted a suspected bank robbery getaway car led to the arrest of a man for a bank robbery in Madison and another in Monona.
The officer spotted the Honda CRV parked near a residence in the 5000 block of Camden Road on Nov. 26. The officer believed it matched the description of a vehicle used in the robbery of an Anchor Bank branch on Cottage Grove Road on Nov. 25.
Madison police and officers from two other departments talked with Jason J. Yapp, 42, the day after the vehicle was spotted and he was taken into custody on a probation hold.
He's also suspected in the Nov. 18 robbery of an Anchor Bank branch at 6501 Monona Dr.
Police are asking that Yapp be charged with two counts of robbery.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash