A Madison man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of forgery after police said they found bills in the man's wallet with the same serial number.
Terry S. Foster, 26, told police he did not know the money was not real.
Police were called to the McDonald's on Park Street Tuesday afternoon after a cashier said a man tried to purchase a drink using a counterfeit $20 bill. An officer on routine patrol in the area spotted Foster, stopped him and discovered three additional counterfeit $20 bills in his wallet, according to police.
Police said the bills all had the serial number: JF16831073A.
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash