A Madison man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of forgery after police said they found bills in the man's wallet with the same serial number.
Terry S. Foster, 26, told police he did not know the money was not real.
Police were called to the McDonald's on Park Street Tuesday afternoon after a cashier said a man tried to purchase a drink using a counterfeit $20 bill. An officer on routine patrol in the area spotted Foster, stopped him and discovered three additional counterfeit $20 bills in his wallet, according to police.
Police said the bills all had the serial number: JF16831073A.
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit
- Milwaukee coroner: Skull found on vacant land is decades old
- Kenosha man faces re-trial in 1990 murder of woman, 18
- More than 100 people to lose jobs when distributor closes in Watertown
- Real-looking starter pistol held to man's head in planned robbery, police say
- PD: Suspected drunken driver goes for officer's gun, injures 2 officers