MADISON, Wis. - A middle-school boy was approached by a man who offered him a ride Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
The boy was walking from O'Keefe Middle School in the 1800 block of East Washington Avenue around 3:15 p.m. when a man drove up to him and asked if he wanted a ride, according to a release.
The boy refused and took off running, police said. After the boy ran away, the man drove towards the Marling Lumber parking lot.
The driver is described as a white male in his 50s who was balding in the middle of his head with blondish graying hair on the sides. He was wearing a light blue shirt and khaki shorts. He was driving an older, dark brown, smaller four-door car with peeling, paint, grey interior, and a pine tree air freshener hanging in the rear view mirror.
Police ask anyone with information on the incident to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.Madison crime map
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire