MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they are searching for a driver who struck a pedestrian in downtown Madison early Sunday morning and left the scene.
The victim, a 20-year-old man, and his friends were crossing the street from north to south in the 600 block of University Avenue at about 2 a.m. when the man was hit by a car traveling southbound, Madison police said.
The victim suffered several significant injuries and was transported to a local hospital
Police said the car is described as a larger beige or gold four-door car, and there may be damage to the front portion of the car.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns