MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they are searching for a driver who struck a pedestrian in downtown Madison early Sunday morning and left the scene.
The victim, a 20-year-old man, and his friends were crossing the street from north to south in the 600 block of University Avenue at about 2 a.m. when the man was hit by a car traveling southbound, Madison police said.
The victim suffered several significant injuries and was transported to a local hospital
Police said the car is described as a larger beige or gold four-door car, and there may be damage to the front portion of the car.
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV