MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they are searching for a driver who struck a pedestrian in downtown Madison early Sunday morning and left the scene.
The victim, a 20-year-old man, and his friends were crossing the street from north to south in the 600 block of University Avenue at about 2 a.m. when the man was hit by a car traveling southbound, Madison police said.
The victim suffered several significant injuries and was transported to a local hospital
Police said the car is described as a larger beige or gold four-door car, and there may be damage to the front portion of the car.
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her