MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they are searching for a driver who struck a pedestrian in downtown Madison early Sunday morning and left the scene.
The victim, a 20-year-old man, and his friends were crossing the street from north to south in the 600 block of University Avenue at about 2 a.m. when the man was hit by a car traveling southbound, Madison police said.
The victim suffered several significant injuries and was transported to a local hospital
Police said the car is described as a larger beige or gold four-door car, and there may be damage to the front portion of the car.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash