BELOIT, Wis. - Police are looking for two suspects who fled from the scene of a fatal crash in Beloit.
Authorities say Cassondra Sympson was a passenger in a vehicle that was struck at an intersection on Coplin Avenue Sunday. Police say the 21-year-old Beloit woman died before a medical helicopter arrived at the scene. Three others in her vehicle were taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and released. The injured included two children younger than two.
The Beloit Daily News reported two suspects in the vehicle that struck the victims' vehicle fled the scene on foot. Authorities said the suspects were traveling at a high rate of speed in a residential area when they hit the victims' vehicle.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes