BELOIT, Wis. - Police are looking for two suspects who fled from the scene of a fatal crash in Beloit.
Authorities say Cassondra Sympson was a passenger in a vehicle that was struck at an intersection on Coplin Avenue Sunday. Police say the 21-year-old Beloit woman died before a medical helicopter arrived at the scene. Three others in her vehicle were taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and released. The injured included two children younger than two.
The Beloit Daily News reported two suspects in the vehicle that struck the victims' vehicle fled the scene on foot. Authorities said the suspects were traveling at a high rate of speed in a residential area when they hit the victims' vehicle.
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall