MADISON, Wis. - Seven people have reported being robbed at the same downtown nightclub since Jan. 1, according to a release.
The Madison Police Department is investigating incidents were wallets, purses or cellphones were stolen from a nightclub on North Henry Street, officials said.
According to the release, in some of the theft cases the stolen items were taken from coat pockets or off tables while people were dancing.
Madison police released a video with tips on how to avoid being a theft victim after a string of similar thefts were reported last summer.Madison crime map
- UW study using video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors
- Papermaker agrees to complete Fox River cleanup
- Wine-and-tapas bar, gastropub open in Dane County airport
- Search of lake for human remains from plane crash ends
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested