MADISON, Wis. - Seven people have reported being robbed at the same downtown nightclub since Jan. 1, according to a release.
The Madison Police Department is investigating incidents were wallets, purses or cellphones were stolen from a nightclub on North Henry Street, officials said.
According to the release, in some of the theft cases the stolen items were taken from coat pockets or off tables while people were dancing.
Madison police released a video with tips on how to avoid being a theft victim after a string of similar thefts were reported last summer.Madison crime map
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline