MADISON, Wis. - A bank on Madison's west side was held up Tuesday afternoon, and police are still looking for who was responsible.
The armed robbery happened at the Home Savings Bank in the 7700 block of Mineral Point Road just after 3 p.m. Tuesday.
According to police, a white man whose face was covered up displayed a handgun and fled with cash. The man was wearing a black jacket with different black fabric on the shoulders and under the arms and jeans with white stitching near the rear pockets.
A K-9 unit was called to the scene to assist, but the robber was not found. No one was injured in the bank robbery.
Officials ask anyone with information on the robbery to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.Madison crime map
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend