MADISON, Wis. - A bank on Madison's west side was held up Tuesday afternoon, and police are still looking for who was responsible.
The armed robbery happened at the Home Savings Bank in the 7700 block of Mineral Point Road just after 3 p.m. Tuesday.
According to police, a white man whose face was covered up displayed a handgun and fled with cash. The man was wearing a black jacket with different black fabric on the shoulders and under the arms and jeans with white stitching near the rear pockets.
A K-9 unit was called to the scene to assist, but the robber was not found. No one was injured in the bank robbery.
Officials ask anyone with information on the robbery to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.Madison crime map
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert