BELOIT, Wis. - The Beloit Police Department was looking for a person who fled from a disturbance and may be armed with a gun Monday afternoon, according to an alert.
Police were looking for a younger black man who fled on foot from a disturbance in the 800 block of Harrison Avenue, officials said. Police completed their search around 4:45 p.m.
Police believed the man they were looking for was armed with a handgun.
Police asked the public to stay away from the area, but anyone who sees someone matching the description should call 911.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash