WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - A man who reportedly jumped off a bridge into the Wisconsin River Saturday night has not been located, according to a release from the Wisconsin Dells Police Department.
Around 10:30 p.m. police received reports that a person, later identified as 23-year-old Alexander McNair, of Wisconsin Dells, jumped off the Kilbourn Bridge, officials said. The Kilbourn Bridge is located on Highway 13 near the downtown area of the Wisconsin Dells.
Officers located McNair in the water between the bridge and the Kilbourn Dam, but lost sight of him moments later, according to the release. Due to inclement weather, nighttime conditions and river currents, a thorough water search was unable to be conducted.
Sunday morning the Columbia County Sheriff's Dive Team assisted the Wisconsin Dells Police Department, the Kilbourn Fire Department, the DNR and Alliant Energy personnel in conducting a water search around the dam, officials said. McNair was not found and more information will be released as it becomes available.26716602
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program
- Woman jumps from balcony to escape fire
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison