WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - A man who reportedly jumped off a bridge into the Wisconsin River Saturday night has not been located, according to a release from the Wisconsin Dells Police Department.
Around 10:30 p.m. police received reports that a person, later identified as 23-year-old Alexander McNair, of Wisconsin Dells, jumped off the Kilbourn Bridge, officials said. The Kilbourn Bridge is located on Highway 13 near the downtown area of the Wisconsin Dells.
Officers located McNair in the water between the bridge and the Kilbourn Dam, but lost sight of him moments later, according to the release. Due to inclement weather, nighttime conditions and river currents, a thorough water search was unable to be conducted.
Sunday morning the Columbia County Sheriff's Dive Team assisted the Wisconsin Dells Police Department, the Kilbourn Fire Department, the DNR and Alliant Energy personnel in conducting a water search around the dam, officials said. McNair was not found and more information will be released as it becomes available.26716602
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire