JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police are searching for a dog that apparently came up and bit a child's face.
Police said an adult and an 8-year-old child were walking in the area of West Holmes and Lincoln streets around 8:15 p.m. Friday, when a dog bit the child.
The dog ran away. Police describe the dog as mixed breed, medium-sized, and black and brown.
The child received 10 stitches from the injury.
Authorities are asking for any witnesses to come forward and contact the Janesville Police Department.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say