MADISON, Wis. - Three Jamaican men staying in Wisconsin Dells motels were caught stealing from a store at West Towne Mall on Tuesday, according to Madison police.
Police said the men were trying to steal more than $560 worth of clothes from JC Penney.
An investigator said the men were also carrying wire cutters and empty bags from other retailers like Aeropostale, H&M, Victoria Secret and Gap. He said thieves commonly take empty bags with logos and fill them in another store.
One of the men, Nicoye Wiltshire, 23, tried to run from police and was tackled by a security guard. He was arrested in suspicion of resisting arrest.
Wiltshire and the two other men, Anthony O. Allen, 21, and Christopher O. Manbauman, 23, were arrested on suspicion of party to the crime of retail theft.
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle