MADISON, Wis. - Three Jamaican men staying in Wisconsin Dells motels were caught stealing from a store at West Towne Mall on Tuesday, according to Madison police.
Police said the men were trying to steal more than $560 worth of clothes from JC Penney.
An investigator said the men were also carrying wire cutters and empty bags from other retailers like Aeropostale, H&M, Victoria Secret and Gap. He said thieves commonly take empty bags with logos and fill them in another store.
One of the men, Nicoye Wiltshire, 23, tried to run from police and was tackled by a security guard. He was arrested in suspicion of resisting arrest.
Wiltshire and the two other men, Anthony O. Allen, 21, and Christopher O. Manbauman, 23, were arrested on suspicion of party to the crime of retail theft.
- Chief: Monday 'a horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime