MILTON, Wis. - Milton police issued a warning to high school students who officers said are taking part in a "Nerf gun war."
Police said the participants shoot other participants with Nerf gun bullets. Those hit are eliminated from the game.
Some students fired at moving vehicles and broke into homes to shoot participants in their beds while they slept, according to police.
Police said some of the acts could be considered criminal and breaking into homes at night could be dangerous if the occupants believe there is a true burglary underway.
Police are also asking parents to talk to their children about the dangers involved in playing the game.
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal