MADISON, Wis. - Madison police confirmed that officers are involved in a "tactical incident" on the city's east side Thursday night.
Officers responded to the 3800 block of Atwood Avenue, and officers had their guns drawn.
Police wouldn't release any other details about the nature of the call.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said that Madison police requested the assistance of the bomb squad.
A neighbor told WISC-TV she walked outside around 10:30 p.m. and saw a police sniper.
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game