MADISON, Wis. - Madison police confirmed that officers are involved in a "tactical incident" on the city's east side Thursday night.
Officers responded to the 3800 block of Atwood Avenue, and officers had their guns drawn.
Police wouldn't release any other details about the nature of the call.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said that Madison police requested the assistance of the bomb squad.
A neighbor told WISC-TV she walked outside around 10:30 p.m. and saw a police sniper.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK