WAUWATOSA, Wis. - Wisconsin authorities are looking into the death of a suburban Milwaukee police officer who was killed on duty.
Wauwatosa Lt. Gerald Witkowski said dispatchers unsuccessfully tried to reach 30-year-old Jennifer Lynn Sebena for a call about 3 a.m. Monday. He said officers started looking for her and found her dead with several gunshot wounds about 5 a.m. He didn't know if she was found inside or outside of her car.
Witkowski said the case is considered a homicide. Officers have no suspects.
Witkowski said Sebena enrolled in the police academy in January 2011 and began working solo in July. He said she was married and described her as a great person and officer.
Police are urging witnesses to come forward.
The state Justice Department's criminal investigation unit is helping in the investigation.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks