WAUWATOSA, Wis. - Wisconsin authorities are looking into the death of a suburban Milwaukee police officer who was killed on duty.
Wauwatosa Lt. Gerald Witkowski said dispatchers unsuccessfully tried to reach 30-year-old Jennifer Lynn Sebena for a call about 3 a.m. Monday. He said officers started looking for her and found her dead with several gunshot wounds about 5 a.m. He didn't know if she was found inside or outside of her car.
Witkowski said the case is considered a homicide. Officers have no suspects.
Witkowski said Sebena enrolled in the police academy in January 2011 and began working solo in July. He said she was married and described her as a great person and officer.
Police are urging witnesses to come forward.
The state Justice Department's criminal investigation unit is helping in the investigation.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement