MADISON, Wis. - Madison police say they are investigating a report of shots fired on the city's north side Sunday night that left two vehicles damaged.
Police were called to the 500 block of Northport Drive around 7:40 p.m. Sunday following a report of gunshots.
Police said when officers arrived, they found two vehicles damaged by bullets, along with other evidence of a shooting.
Witnesses told police they reported hearing a woman yelling just before the shots were fired. Witnesses told police the woman walked away from the area just after the shots were fired.
Police said there is no evidence of any injuries following the shooting.
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run