MADISON, Wis. - Madison police say they are investigating a report of shots fired on the city's north side Sunday night that left two vehicles damaged.
Police were called to the 500 block of Northport Drive around 7:40 p.m. Sunday following a report of gunshots.
Police said when officers arrived, they found two vehicles damaged by bullets, along with other evidence of a shooting.
Witnesses told police they reported hearing a woman yelling just before the shots were fired. Witnesses told police the woman walked away from the area just after the shots were fired.
Police said there is no evidence of any injuries following the shooting.
- Census Bureau estimates show Madison continues to grow
- Missed opportunities: The irony of overscheduling
- Intruders prompt police to warn residents to check garage doors
- Wisconsin man among families suing government to identify remains of unknown soldiers
- Officers target seat belt use over holiday weekend
- Man sentenced for 13th drunken driving conviction