COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - Two men got away with an undisclosed amount of cash from a register and a safe from a gas station in Cottage Grove Thursday night after they overpowered a clerk at the store, according to Cottage Grove police.
The incident happened at the Stop and Go in the 1100 block of Windsor just before 10 p.m. Thursday.
According to police, two men jumped over the counter and pushed the store clerk to the floor before grabbing money and getting out of the store. There was no weapon used, and the clerk wasn't hurt.
Police are looking for two black men in their 20s, who were both thin and approximately 6 feet tall.
Police describe one man as wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, dark jogging pants, a dark baseball cap and a black scarf covering his mouth and nose.
The other man was wearing a lighter covered hooded sweatshirt and jogging pants, a baseball cap and a white scarf, according to police.
Anyone with information in regard to this crime or any other crime should call the Madison Area Crime Stoppers at (608) 266-6014 or the Cottage Grove Police Department at (608) 839-4652.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes