MADISON, Wis. - A 13-year-old said a stranger grabbed him and tried to drag him toward a railroad car before he was able to escape, according to a report from Madison police.
The incident happened around 5 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of Troy Drive.
According to police, the boy, who was visiting from Minnesota, said the man who grabbed him was wearing a mask at the time.
Police said the boy yelled for help. Another boy, a 14-year-old from Madison, came to help him, throwing rocks at the man, which allowed the victim to escape.
The boy described the attacker as a white man, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a slender build, short brown hair, wearing black clothing and a mask. Anyone knowing anything about the incident is asked to call Madison police.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say