MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are trying to determine if gunfire shattered the window of a car on the west side on Sunday.
Officers were called to the 1300 block of Temkin Avenue at 9:23 p.m. for a report of gunshots. A car parked on the street was found to have a shattered window.
A witness told police he saw a van driving in the area and heard what he thought were rounds from a small-caliber handgun. Another witness told police children throwing rocks were to blame, but no other witnesses could substantiate that story.
No shell casings were found. The car was impounded by police for further investigation.Madison crime map
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says