MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are trying to determine if gunfire shattered the window of a car on the west side on Sunday.
Officers were called to the 1300 block of Temkin Avenue at 9:23 p.m. for a report of gunshots. A car parked on the street was found to have a shattered window.
A witness told police he saw a van driving in the area and heard what he thought were rounds from a small-caliber handgun. Another witness told police children throwing rocks were to blame, but no other witnesses could substantiate that story.
No shell casings were found. The car was impounded by police for further investigation.Madison crime map
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say