MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating an armed bank robbery.
Police responded to a hold up alarm at 3:15 p.m. Tuesday at AnchorBank, 333 S. Westfield Road.
A man walked up to a teller's window and demanded money while displaying a handgun, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
The robber placed the money in a bag he had with him and left the bank on foot, heading west, police said.
No injuries were reported.
Police said the robber was described as a white man, standing 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 9 inches tall, with a heavier build. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, jeans and a black cloth covering a portion of his face, police said.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend