BELOIT, Wis. - Police are investigating the death of an infant in Beloit Wednesday.
The Beloit Police Department said the mother found her 3-month-old baby unresponsive Wednesday at 4:15 a.m. and called 911.
According to the report, the mother fed the baby girl at about midnight, then the two went to sleep on the couch.
Police and the fire department responded to the report of the child not breathing at the home on St. Lawrence Avenue. Beloit fire personnel took over lifesaving efforts from family who had been performing CPR.
The fire department transported the baby to Beloit Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
Authorities will conduct an autopsy and the death is under investigation, police said.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday