BELOIT, Wis. - Police are investigating the death of an infant in Beloit Wednesday.
The Beloit Police Department said the mother found her 3-month-old baby unresponsive Wednesday at 4:15 a.m. and called 911.
According to the report, the mother fed the baby girl at about midnight, then the two went to sleep on the couch.
Police and the fire department responded to the report of the child not breathing at the home on St. Lawrence Avenue. Beloit fire personnel took over lifesaving efforts from family who had been performing CPR.
The fire department transported the baby to Beloit Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
Authorities will conduct an autopsy and the death is under investigation, police said.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK