BELOIT, Wis. - Police are investigating the death of an infant in Beloit Wednesday.
The Beloit Police Department said the mother found her 3-month-old baby unresponsive Wednesday at 4:15 a.m. and called 911.
According to the report, the mother fed the baby girl at about midnight, then the two went to sleep on the couch.
Police and the fire department responded to the report of the child not breathing at the home on St. Lawrence Avenue. Beloit fire personnel took over lifesaving efforts from family who had been performing CPR.
The fire department transported the baby to Beloit Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
Authorities will conduct an autopsy and the death is under investigation, police said.
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer