BELOIT, Wis. - Police are investigating the death of an infant in Beloit Wednesday.
The Beloit Police Department said the mother found her 3-month-old baby unresponsive Wednesday at 4:15 a.m. and called 911.
According to the report, the mother fed the baby girl at about midnight, then the two went to sleep on the couch.
Police and the fire department responded to the report of the child not breathing at the home on St. Lawrence Avenue. Beloit fire personnel took over lifesaving efforts from family who had been performing CPR.
The fire department transported the baby to Beloit Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
Authorities will conduct an autopsy and the death is under investigation, police said.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue