BELOIT, Wis. - Officers from the Beloit Police Department heard multiple gunshots in a southwestern Beloit neighborhood just after 4 p.m. Friday.
People in the area called in to report a person firing a weapon, and a vehicle leaving the area, according to police. One person was reportedly struck by gunfire, according to police.
Officials arrived on the scene to find a man with a gunshot wound. The 20-year-old victim was transported to Beloit Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to officials.
The victim is Raymond L. Holloway of 556 Highland Ave. in Beloit.
Another shooting happened in Beloit shortly after midnight on Friday, resulting in the death of 36-year-old Edward Damont Haley.
It is unknown if the two killings are connected, according to police. Police will quickly evaluate that possibility. They said detectives and officers will continue to follow up on any clues.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap