BELOIT, Wis. - Officers from the Beloit Police Department heard multiple gunshots in a southwestern Beloit neighborhood just after 4 p.m. Friday.
People in the area called in to report a person firing a weapon, and a vehicle leaving the area, according to police. One person was reportedly struck by gunfire, according to police.
Officials arrived on the scene to find a man with a gunshot wound. The 20-year-old victim was transported to Beloit Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to officials.
The victim is Raymond L. Holloway of 556 Highland Ave. in Beloit.
Another shooting happened in Beloit shortly after midnight on Friday, resulting in the death of 36-year-old Edward Damont Haley.
It is unknown if the two killings are connected, according to police. Police will quickly evaluate that possibility. They said detectives and officers will continue to follow up on any clues.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case