MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating a copper theft from a downtown construction site, according to a release.
An estimated $14,000 worth of copper was stolen from a construction site at 420 W. Johnson St., police said.
Officials believe the theft happened sometime over weekend.
A supervisor at an apartment construction site alerted police of the crime, according to the release. The supervisor said the wire had been stored in a parking garage of the new complex.Madison crime map
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns