MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating a copper theft from a downtown construction site, according to a release.
An estimated $14,000 worth of copper was stolen from a construction site at 420 W. Johnson St., police said.
Officials believe the theft happened sometime over weekend.
A supervisor at an apartment construction site alerted police of the crime, according to the release. The supervisor said the wire had been stored in a parking garage of the new complex.Madison crime map
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in
- MPD asking for help finding 9-month-old
- Wisconsin retirees to see annuity payment increases