TOWN OF MADISON, Wis. - Town of Madison police said an infant death reported on Saturday is not suspicious.
According to a release, the child was sleeping in the same bed as the parent, and the death appears accidental.
The child's name and cause of death will be released by the medical examiner, officials said. No foul play is suspected.
Paramedics were called to an address on W. Badger Road just after 9 a.m. on Saturday for reports of an infant not breathing.
Officers arrived within a minute of the call and paramedics took the child to a local hospital, where the child later died.
Police said the public is not in danger and the child's family is cooperating with the investigation.
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing