TOWN OF MADISON, Wis. - Town of Madison police said an infant death reported on Saturday is not suspicious.
According to a release, the child was sleeping in the same bed as the parent, and the death appears accidental.
The child's name and cause of death will be released by the medical examiner, officials said. No foul play is suspected.
Paramedics were called to an address on W. Badger Road just after 9 a.m. on Saturday for reports of an infant not breathing.
Officers arrived within a minute of the call and paramedics took the child to a local hospital, where the child later died.
Police said the public is not in danger and the child's family is cooperating with the investigation.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK